Full bar rest representation

Hans de Rijck
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to represent a full bar rest when using 'odd' time
signatures?
e.g. in a 4/4 time a full rest is represented by r1 ,
in 2/4 time a full rest is r2 and in 3/4 it is r2.
But, what is a full rest in times like 5/4 7/4 12/4 7/8 etc.

I'm trying some Carmina Burana parts and the 'barcheck fails' warnings are
whizzing around my ears.

Thanks,

Hans de Rijck

Re: Full bar rest representation

Paul Scott-3
Hans de Rijck wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone tell me how to represent a full bar rest when using 'odd' time
>signatures?
>e.g. in a 4/4 time a full rest is represented by r1 ,
>in 2/4 time a full rest is r2 and in 3/4 it is r2.
>But, what is a full rest in times like 5/4 7/4 12/4 7/8 etc.

Full bar rests should normally be capitalized - they are centered that
way.  There are many numerical possibilities but I do:

R4*5 R4*7 R4*12 R8*7

and I do R4*3 instead of R2.  Except for the reversal of the numbers
these are closer to what they represent.

Paul Scott

Re: Full bar rest representation

Hans de Rijck
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your answer. This is what I was looking for. I understood from
the manual that capitalization was only used for multi-measure rests, but
apparently I was wrong.

thanks,

Hans de Rijck.