Frescobaldi question

Guy Stalnaker-2
Frescobaldi 2.20 on Win10

I have a score with three /book {} sections: 1) SSATB_Organ_Flute_StrQrt (i.e., FullScore), 2) SSATB_Organ (i.e., ReducedScore), 3) InstParts

Frescobaldi opens ONE of these in its PDF viewer. Can I tell FB which of the three I want FB to open/show?

I ask because the first version created was, naturally, the Full Score /book {}. When I engraved the score FB showed the full score. I then added the reduced score for SSATB_Organ, then the parts. Now FB defaults to showing the reduced score and not the FullScore. It won't show the FullScore unless I comment the ReducedScore \book{} and re-engrave.

I have closed FB and deleted the .pdf/.mid files. FB still shows the ReducedScore when I engrave if all three /book{} are uncommented.

Thanks for your help.

Guy

Guy Stalnaker

Re: Frescobaldi question

Urs Liska-3

Am 08.05.19 um 19:56 schrieb Guy Stalnaker:
Frescobaldi 2.20 on Win10

I have a score with three /book {} sections: 1) SSATB_Organ_Flute_StrQrt (i.e., FullScore), 2) SSATB_Organ (i.e., ReducedScore), 3) InstParts

Frescobaldi opens ONE of these in its PDF viewer. Can I tell FB which of the three I want FB to open/show?

I ask because the first version created was, naturally, the Full Score /book {}. When I engraved the score FB showed the full score. I then added the reduced score for SSATB_Organ, then the parts. Now FB defaults to showing the reduced score and not the FullScore. It won't show the FullScore unless I comment the ReducedScore \book{} and re-engrave.

I have closed FB and deleted the .pdf/.mid files. FB still shows the ReducedScore when I engrave if all three /book{} are uncommented.

Thanks for your help.

How are the resulting PDF files named? I'm not 100% sure (especially not with F2.20), but the decision is made by the file name. But anyway, you should be able to access *all* generated PDFs through the "LilyPond" menu.

HTH
Urs

Guy

Guy Stalnaker

Re: Frescobaldi question

Guy Stalnaker-2
Urs,

I can indeed access the files through the Lilypond menu. But they open in Acrobat and not in the Frescobaldi PDF display.

I continued investigating and I see ... interesting behavior. I noticed that my output file names had an alphabetical order:

Guy Stalnaker
[hidden email]

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:07 PM Urs Liska <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

GRRR - why does the Enter key sometimes send emails in GMail?? Sorry about that.

Urs,

I can indeed access the files through the Lilypond menu. But they open in Acrobat and not in the Frescobaldi Music View module.

I continued investigating and I see ... interesting behavior. I noticed that my output file names had an alphabetical order:

Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-ChoirAndOrgan.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-FullScore.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-InstParts.pdf

If I modify the Output directive in the code to add "01" and "02" to the output file names, Frescobaldi changes the score is displays:

Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-02-ChoirAndOrgan.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-01-FullScore.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-InstParts.pdf

Results in FB showing the FullScore in its PDF Music View module.

Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-01-ChoirAndOrgan.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-02-FullScore.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-InstParts.pdf

Results in FB showing the ChoirAndOrgan in its PDF Music View module.

So, it appears that FB is choosing the "first" document of the set.

And I answered my own question :-)

Am 08.05.19 um 20:31 schrieb Guy Stalnaker:
GRRR - why does the Enter key sometimes send emails in GMail?? Sorry about that.

Urs,

I can indeed access the files through the Lilypond menu. But they open in Acrobat and not in the Frescobaldi Music View module.

Ah, I mixed things up. In addition to the LilyPond menu there is a document chooser in the Music View's toolbar (I assume it has already been there in v.2). With this you can select what is shown in the Music View ...

[...]

AHHHHH!

I have never, in 10 years, clicked on that control and saw it was a dropdown menu!

Much thanks!

Guy Stalnaker
[hidden email]

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:38 PM Urs Liska <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

SoundsFromSound
On 5/8/2019 2:42 PM, Guy Stalnaker wrote:
AHHHHH!

I have never, in 10 years, clicked on that control and saw it was a dropdown menu!

Much thanks!

Guy Stalnaker
[hidden email]

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:38 PM Urs Liska <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 08.05.19 um 20:31 schrieb Guy Stalnaker:
GRRR - why does the Enter key sometimes send emails in GMail?? Sorry about that.

Urs,

I can indeed access the files through the Lilypond menu. But they open in Acrobat and not in the Frescobaldi Music View module.

Ah, I mixed things up. In addition to the LilyPond menu there is a document chooser in the Music View's toolbar (I assume it has already been there in v.2). With this you can select what is shown in the Music View ...

Hi Guy,

Yes that menu is handy but also FYI you can dock it to a nice sidebar if you want. I find that to be very fast - any score is just one click away and it instantly loads in the view for editing and viewing :) Same menu, just docked pane vs. go up to the menu item.

(see attached)

Window-05-08-2019_x34.png (29K) Download Attachment
composer | sound designer | asmr artist

Re: Frescobaldi question

Guy Stalnaker-2
sweet!!!!!

That is excellent. I'll try and configure my FB like that.

Much thanks.

Guy Stalnaker
[hidden email]