Footnotes

Mehmet Okonsar
I can imagine several solutions but which one seems the most practical for
having footnotes in a score?
Best Regards,
Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
www.okonsar.com

Re: Footnotes

D Josiah Boothby
The easiest solution would probably be to use lilypond-book. If my
memory serves correctly that you're using 2.7, see chapter 12 in the
manual for more details. There's also a template in section 3.8. I
haven't used lilypond-book since 2.4, so things may have changed, and
it's possible that there are new ways to create footnotes, but I am not
aware of them.

Josiah

Mehmet Okonsar wrote:

> I can imagine several solutions but which one seems the most practical for
> having footnotes in a score?
> Best Regards,
> Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
> www.okonsar.com

Re: Footnotes

Unfortunately, I don't know any good solution, at least
not if you want some automatic handling of numbering
the footnotes and getting them on the correct page.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Citerar Mehmet Okonsar <[hidden email]>:

> I can imagine several solutions but which one seems the most practical for
> having footnotes in a score?
> Best Regards,
> Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
> www.okonsar.com

Re: Footnotes

Since the score lines are typeset as .eps files in lilypond-book
LaTeX documents from version 2.6, I'm afraid the footnote support
in LaTeX isn't really of much help.

   /Mats

Citerar D Josiah Boothby <[hidden email]>:

> The easiest solution would probably be to use lilypond-book. If my
> memory serves correctly that you're using 2.7, see chapter 12 in the
> manual for more details. There's also a template in section 3.8. I
> haven't used lilypond-book since 2.4, so things may have changed, and
> it's possible that there are new ways to create footnotes, but I am not
> aware of them.
>
> Josiah
>
> Mehmet Okonsar wrote:
> > I can imagine several solutions but which one seems the most practical for
> > having footnotes in a score?
> > Best Regards,
> > Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
> > www.okonsar.com

Re: Footnotes

Laura Conrad

    MB> Since the score lines are typeset as .eps files in lilypond-book
    MB> LaTeX documents from version 2.6, I'm afraid the footnote support
    MB> in LaTeX isn't really of much help.

I don't see how that would affect the way I do the footnotes in
lilypond-book.  Which isn't as automated as you might wish, but it
does work.

I enter the number as a markup, and then in the .lytex file I have
something like:

          \footnotetext[1]{ original has whole note.}

where the [1] corresponds to the number in the markup.

--
Laura (mailto:[hidden email] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 fax: (501) 641-5011