Fingering of Chords and Placement of Rests

Fingering of Chords and Placement of Rests

Ted Stanion
I'm not sure if these are bus, or if I'm doing something wrong.
In the placement of the fingering of the two chords in the last
measure it seems as if something is awry. The numbers are way
to high and too far apart. Also, the named rest is in the wrong
place.

LilyPond 2.8.1-4
Windows XP

Ted Stanion

fingering.png (17K) Download Attachment
fingering.ly (486 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fingering of Chords and Placement of Rests

Father Geoffrey Horton
> Also, the named rest is in the wrong
> place.

Named rests in polyphony are broken.

Geoff

Re: Fingering of Chords and Placement of Rests

Dave K.
According to my Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, the correct
behavior is that fingerings should be below the slur (when placing
them above would be too far apart from the notes), and if there is a
collision the slur should be broken. If the fingerings need to be
placed within the staff space, the staff lines should be broken.