Fine bar line \break before repeat sign

Adam Good-3
Hi List,
I'm baffled by bar lines. In the example below, I would like for the f1 bar to use a "final" bar line as in \bar "|." the \break then on the next line begin with a repeat sign. The manual doesn't hint at this

Am I missing something?

\relative {
  f'1 \bar ".|:-||" \break
  \repeat volta 2 {g1} \break
  a1
  b1 \bar "|."
}

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Re: Fine bar line \break before repeat sign

mskala
On Tue, 7 May 2019, Adam Good wrote:
> I'm baffled by bar lines. In the example below, I would like for the f1 bar
> to use a "final" bar line as in \bar "|." the \break then on the next line
> begin with a repeat sign. The manual doesn't hint at this
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/bars#bar-lines

If I'm correctly understanding what you want, this seems to do it:

\defineBarLine ".|:-|." #'("|." ".|:" "")

\relative {
  f'1 \bar ".|:-|." \break
  \repeat volta 2 { g1 } \break
  a1
  b1 \bar "|."

Matthew Skala
[hidden email]                 People before tribes.
https://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/