Finding note coordinates in output

csnyder
Is there a way to find out what the coordinates are of notes in scores
generated by Lilypond? For instance, is there a way to get the data
needed to generate an image map to go with a PNG file and allow notes to
be clicked on? Thanks in advance.

Re: Finding note coordinates in output

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Chris Snyder wrote:
> Is there a way to find out what the coordinates are of notes in scores
> generated by Lilypond? For instance, is there a way to get the data
> needed to generate an image map to go with a PNG file and allow notes to
> be clicked on? Thanks in advance.

Yes, that is possible. Getting at it is slightly technical, since the
PNG file is cropped and there are a couple of scale-conversions in between.

If you want, I can create an example for you as a sponsored feature/example.

LilyPond Software Design
  -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com