Don't understand exactly where to put Completion lines

Don't understand exactly where to put Completion lines

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
I would like to use the autocompletion in my score
however when I looked at the manual I got confused as to
where exactly to put this [copied from manual];
\new Voice \with {
   \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
   \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
} {
   c2. c8 d4 e f g a b c8 c2 b4 a g16 f4 e d c8. c2
}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
in my score [example]

Key = { \key c \major }
SopranoA = \relative c' {
\set Staff.instrument = #"Soprano 1"
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "Accordian"
\clef treble
\cadenzaOn

I'm sure it's simple but like I said I got confused
Jay

--
Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton

Re: Don't understand exactly where to put Completion lines

Mats Bengtsson-4
Since you didn't include the part of your file where you actually use
the SopranoA variable, it's impossible to accurately answer your
question.

   /Mats

Quoting "Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence" <[hidden email]>:

> I would like to use the autocompletion in my score however when I
> looked at the manual I got confused as to where exactly to put this
> [copied from manual];
> \new Voice \with {
>   \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
>   \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
> } {
>   c2. c8 d4 e f g a b c8 c2 b4 a g16 f4 e d c8. c2
> }
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> in my score [example]
>
> Key = { \key c \major }
> SopranoA = \relative c' {
> \set Staff.instrument = #"Soprano 1"
> \set Staff.midiInstrument = "Accordian"
> \clef treble
> \cadenzaOn
>

> I'm sure it's simple but like I said I got confused
> Jay
>

> --
> Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
> Jay Hamilton
> Sound and Silence
> 206-328-7694
> www.soundand.com

Re: Don't understand exactly where to put Completion lines

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
I snipped the part right under the 'header' but here's
from the top the beginning of the file

\version "2.6.3"
\header {
   title = "Thunder/Perfect Mind"
   composer = "Jay Hamilton"
   subtitle = "Adapted by the composer from various
translations/Texts found Nag Hamadi"
   copyright = "CC lic.#2.5 some rights reserved Jay
Hamilton 1998"

}
#(set-global-staff-size 19)
Key = { \key c \major }
SopranoA = \relative c' {
\set Staff.instrument = #"Soprano 1"
\set Staff.midiInstrument = "Accordian"
\clef treble
\cadenzaOn
%notes begin here

Hope this is enough of an example.
Jay

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Since you didn't include the part of your file where you actually use
> the SopranoA variable, it's impossible to accurately answer your question.
>
>   /Mats
>
> Quoting "Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I would like to use the autocompletion in my score however when I
>> looked at the manual I got confused as to where exactly to put this
>> [copied from manual];
>> \new Voice \with {
>>   \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
>>   \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
>> } {
>>   c2. c8 d4 e f g a b c8 c2 b4 a g16 f4 e d c8. c2
>> }
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> in my score [example]
>>
>> Key = { \key c \major }
>> SopranoA = \relative c' {
>> \set Staff.instrument = #"Soprano 1"
>> \set Staff.midiInstrument = "Accordian"
>> \clef treble
>> \cadenzaOn
>>

>> I'm sure it's simple but like I said I got confused
>> Jay
>>

>> --
>> Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
>> Jay Hamilton
>> Sound and Silence
>> 206-328-7694
>> www.soundand.com

Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton
Sound and Silence
206-328-7694
www.soundand.com

Re: Don't understand exactly where to put Completion lines

Mats Bengtsson-4
Still, you only show how you define a variable called SopranoA, but you
don't show the actual \score{...} block of you file, i.e. the lines
that use the variable, i.e. the lines that contain \SopranoA.

    /Mats

Quoting "Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence" <[hidden email]>:

> I snipped the part right under the 'header' but here's from the top
> the beginning of the file
>
> \version "2.6.3"
> \header {
>   title = "Thunder/Perfect Mind"
>   composer = "Jay Hamilton"
>   subtitle = "Adapted by the composer from various translations/Texts
> found Nag Hamadi"
>   copyright = "CC lic.#2.5 some rights reserved Jay Hamilton 1998"
>
> }
> #(set-global-staff-size 19)
> Key = { \key c \major }
> SopranoA = \relative c' {
> \set Staff.instrument = #"Soprano 1"
> \set Staff.midiInstrument = "Accordian"
> \clef treble
> \cadenzaOn
> %notes begin here
>
> Hope this is enough of an example.
> Jay
>
> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>> Since you didn't include the part of your file where you actually
>> use the SopranoA variable, it's impossible to accurately answer your
>> question.
>>
>>   /Mats
>>
>> Quoting "Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence" <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> I would like to use the autocompletion in my score however when I
>>> looked at the manual I got confused as to where exactly to put this
>>> [copied from manual];
>>> \new Voice \with {
>>>   \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
>>>   \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
>>> } {
>>>   c2. c8 d4 e f g a b c8 c2 b4 a g16 f4 e d c8. c2
>>> }
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> in my score [example]
>>>
>>> Key = { \key c \major }
>>> SopranoA = \relative c' {
>>> \set Staff.instrument = #"Soprano 1"
>>> \set Staff.midiInstrument = "Accordian"
>>> \clef treble
>>> \cadenzaOn
>>>

>>> I'm sure it's simple but like I said I got confused
>>> Jay
>>>

>>> --
>>> Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
>>> Jay Hamilton
>>> Sound and Silence
>>> 206-328-7694
>>> www.soundand.com

> Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
> Jay Hamilton
> Sound and Silence
> 206-328-7694
> www.soundand.com

Re: Don't understand exactly where to put Completion lines

Well, the easiest is to redefine all Voice contexts in the
full score, by adding

  \layout{
    \context{
      \Voice
      \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
      \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"

at the top of the file, for example.

   /Mats

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

> I would like to use the autocompletion in my score however when I
> looked at the manual I got confused as to where exactly to put this
> [copied from manual];
> \new Voice \with {
>   \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
>   \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
> } {
>   c2. c8 d4 e f g a b c8 c2 b4 a g16 f4 e d c8. c2
> }
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> in my score [example]
>
> Key = { \key c \major }
> SopranoA = \relative c' {
> \set Staff.instrument = #"Soprano 1"
> \set Staff.midiInstrument = "Accordian"
> \clef treble
> \cadenzaOn
>

> I'm sure it's simple but like I said I got confused
> Jay

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Don't understand exactly where to put Completion lines

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
I apologize for this being sent only to you- a slip of
the keystrokes.

I was trying to keep the message short and to the point
since it seemed that each voice would need the command
but the question becomes
"before notes in score or somehow in the layout"
  and I felt that the manual wasn't clear enough for me
to try it.

So it would seem that both are possible but perhaps more
reliably in each voice just before the notes.

Jay