Default make output

Dan Eble
Who would cheer/object if I started working on changes to make the build output less verbose by default, which would require saying

        make VERBOSE=1 …

when you actually wanted to see all the commands?

By “less verbose,” I mean ideally logging one short line per interesting target at the start of its recipe.

Dan

Re: Default make output

Werner LEMBERG

> Who would cheer/object if I started working on changes to make the
> build output less verbose by default, which would require saying
>
> make VERBOSE=1 …
>
> when you actually wanted to see all the commands?
>
> By “less verbose,” I mean ideally logging one short line per
> interesting target at the start of its recipe.

I would like that very much.  On the other hand, I would like the
opposite for the lilypond-book calls, which process hundreds of
documentation snippets without emitting a single line to the screen.

    Werner