Custom fonts broken in Windows version

Basil Crow
The following file compiles fine on LilyPond 2.5.31 Linux, but hangs in
Windows on "Converting to `test.pdf'..."

test.ly
=====
\version "2.5.31"

\paper  {
  % change for other default global staff size.
  myStaffSize = #20

  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree "Times New Roman" "Arial" "Courier New" (/
myStaffSize 20)))
}

melody = \relative c' {
  \clef treble
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4

  a b c d
}

text = \lyricmode {
  Aaa Bee Cee Dee
}

harmonies = \chordmode {
  a2 c2

    \context ChordNames {
      \harmonies
    }
  \context Voice = one {
    \melody
  }
  \lyricsto "one" \new Lyrics \text

  \layout { }

Re: Custom fonts broken in Windows version

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Basil Crow wrote:
> The following file compiles fine on LilyPond 2.5.31 Linux, but hangs in
> Windows on "Converting to `test.pdf'..."

Can you give more details? Where does it hang?  try running with
--verbose.--

Re: Custom fonts broken in Windows version

Bertalan Fodor
Works for me.

Bert

Basil Crow wrote:

> Ah yes. The test.ly I enclosed before seems to work fine when TrueType
> fonts are used. However, OpenType fonts seem to fail. For example, when
> I use Minion Pro (OpenType), I get
>
> Calculating page breaks...
> Layout output to `test.ps'...
> Converting to `test.pdf'...
> `gs -q   -dCompatibilityLevel#1.4  -sPAPERSIZE#"a4" -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
> -r1200  -sDEVICE#pdfwrite -sOutputFile#"test.pdf" -c .setpdfwrite -f
> "test.ps"' failed (1)
>
> . . . if it helps. I haven't tried this on Linux because I haven't found
> a way to install .otf files in Linux yet! :)

Just put the .otf files in ~/.fonts/ ; it works over here.

Can you send me the failing .ps file from your windows box?

Thanks,

Han-Wen

Basil Crow wrote:
> Thanks for the tip! I put the .otf files in my ~/.fonts/ folder on Linux
> and it worked fine. The Windows version of 2.5.31 still crashes on the
> ps file, though. I have attached it.

Hi,

I fixed this in CVS. The PS was written as a text file, so there were
all these nice ^Ms interleaved with the (binary) OTF font.