Current status of Guile 2 for lilypond

Andrew Bernard
What is the current status wirh respect to porting lilypond to use guile 2.*?

I am not seeking  long disquisition on all the issues with guile 2, but rather wondering if there is anything I can do to assist the progress.

Andrew

Re: Current status of Guile 2 for lilypond

Thomas Morley-2
> What is the current status wirh respect to porting lilypond to use guile 2.*?
>
> I am not seeking  long disquisition on all the issues with guile 2, but rather wondering if there is anything I can do to assist the progress.
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

see this thread
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/guilev2-work-was-LilyPond-boolean-syntax-true-and-false-td185707.html

Regrettable nobody replied to my last post. So gave up before really
starting :((

Cheers,
  Harm

Re: Current status of Guile 2 for lilypond

Urs Liska

Am 12.04.2016 um 09:20 schrieb Thomas Morley:

>> What is the current status wirh respect to porting lilypond to use guile 2.*?
>>
>> I am not seeking  long disquisition on all the issues with guile 2, but rather wondering if there is anything I can do to assist the progress.
>>
>> Andrew
>

> Hi Andrew,
>
> see this thread
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/guilev2-work-was-LilyPond-boolean-syntax-true-and-false-td185707.html
>
> Regrettable nobody replied to my last post. So gave up before really
> starting :((

Would be really good if you two could join forces here!

Best
Urs

> Cheers,
>   Harm

Re: Current status of Guile 2 for lilypond

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Andrew Bernard writes:

> What is the current status wirh respect to porting lilypond to use
> guile 2.*?
>
> I am not seeking long disquisition on all the issues with guile 2, but
> rather wondering if there is anything I can do to assist the progress.

I have pushed a dev/janneke/wip-guile2 branch with some patches to make
configure --enable-guile2 work better, by using pkg-config to look for
guile-2.0.pc/guile-2.2.pc instead of the very old guile-config thing.

Greetings,
Jan

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl

Re: Current status of Guile 2 for lilypond

Thomas Morley-2

> Andrew Bernard writes:
>
>> What is the current status wirh respect to porting lilypond to use
>> guile 2.*?
>>
>> I am not seeking long disquisition on all the issues with guile 2, but
>> rather wondering if there is anything I can do to assist the progress.
>
> I have pushed a dev/janneke/wip-guile2 branch with some patches to make
> configure --enable-guile2 work better, by using pkg-config to look for
> guile-2.0.pc/guile-2.2.pc instead of the very old guile-config thing.
>
> Greetings,
> Jan
>
> --
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
> Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl

Thanks a lot.
Will have a look for sure. Likely not before the weekend, though.

Cheers,
  Harm