Cross-staff notation with tremolos ruins beam positions

Cross-staff notation with tremolos ruins beam positions

Daniel Woodfield
I was trying to write something in which eighth notes with a single
tremolo on them (16ths) alternate between staves using \autochange or
manual staff change.  Both absolutely wreck the positioning of stems and
beams.  For a simple example of the problem, type in Lilypond 2.20.0:

\autochange { c8:16 c'':16 c:16 c'':16 c:16 c'':16 c:16 c'':16 }

Thank you for your help!

Re: Cross-staff notation with tremolos ruins beam positions

Aaron Hill
On 2020-09-26 9:08 am, Daniel Woodfield wrote:
> I was trying to write something in which eighth notes with a single
> tremolo on them (16ths) alternate between staves using \autochange or
> manual staff change.  Both absolutely wreck the positioning of stems
> and beams.  For a simple example of the problem, type in Lilypond
> 2.20.0:
>
> \autochange { c8:16 c'':16 c:16 c'':16 c:16 c'':16 c:16 c'':16 }

For reference, this was originally posted on Reddit [1] where I provided
some initial commentary.

[1]:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lilypond/comments/izpm3y/changing_staves_with_tremolo_on_single_eighth/

-- Aaron Hill