Creating image files with Lilypond?

P B-2
I want to create small fragments of music that are then exported (or
just created) as image files, .gif or .jpg or .tiff doesn't matter.  How
do I go about doing that?

Paul

Re: Creating image files with Lilypond?

Graham Percival-2

On 13-Nov-05, at 5:19 PM, P B wrote:

> I want to create small fragments of music that are then exported (or
> just created) as image files, .gif or .jpg or .tiff doesn't matter.
> How do I go about doing that?

You read the "invoking lilypond" section of the manual to create .png
images.

Re: Creating image files with Lilypond?

Jannik Jeppesen
<You read the "invoking lilypond" section of the manual to create .png
images.>

I have read it.... i´m using winXp. And I cant figure it out. I doesn´t have
a command line??

Jannik

>> I want to create small fragments of music that are then exported (or just
>> created) as image files, .gif or .jpg or .tiff doesn't matter.  How do I
>> go about doing that?
>
> You read the "invoking lilypond" section of the manual to create .png
> images.
>
> - Graham

Re: Creating image files with Lilypond?

Mats Bengtsson-6
If you download the latest 2.6.4 version from www.lilypond.org, you can
simply start a command prompt (Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories
-> Command Prompt), use the command 'cd' to change to the relevant
directory and run
lilypond -whateverflag yourfile.ly

   /Mats

Jannik Jeppesen wrote:

> <You read the "invoking lilypond" section of the manual to create .png
> images.>
>
> I have read it.... i´m using winXp. And I cant figure it out. I
> doesn´t have a command line??
>
> Jannik
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <[hidden email]>

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Creating image files with Lilypond?

Jannik Jeppesen
Hi again... perhaps a stupid question... hope not.

when I start cmd.exe and type "cd" nothing happends it still says:

C:\dokuments and settings\jannik jeppesen> i want to go to

C:\dokuments and settings\jannik jeppesen\skrivebord>

How is that possible?

and when i try to open lilypond it simply says that lilypond is not a
command???

What am i doing wrong?

Jannik

> simply start a command prompt (Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories
> -> Command Prompt), use the command 'cd' to change to the relevant
> directory and run
> lilypond -whateverflag yourfile.ly
>
>   /Mats
>
> Jannik Jeppesen wrote:
>
>> <You read the "invoking lilypond" section of the manual to create .png
>> images.>
>>
>> I have read it.... i´m using winXp. And I cant figure it out. I doesn´t
>> have a command line??
>>
>> Jannik
>>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <[hidden email]>

To change directory from C:\dokuments and settings\jannik jeppesen to
C:\dokuments and settings\jannik jeppesen\skrivebord, do
chdir skrivebord
or
cd skrivebord

See for example
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds.mspx
for more information.

Also, did you install version 2.6.4-5 from www.lilypond.org,
there have been a number of different 2.6.4-x versions over the
last weeks and I think it's only the last one that works really well.
If you just installed, it may be that you have to first logout and login
again (or possibly even reboot) to get the correct path settings.

   /Mats