Creating Shortcuts

Andrew Neil
Is it possible to create a shortcut for a particular command that one intends to
use frequently within a single .ly file?
I would like to use cross noteheads often and intermixed with ordinary noteheads.
 The appropriate \override and \revert commands are quite lengthy.  It is not so
much from the point of view of text entry (which is easy enough with copy-paste),
but to improve the end readability of the .ly file.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew Neil

Re: Creating Shortcuts

Mats Bengtsson-6
Of course, just use the technique described in "2.18 Organizing larger
pieces"and in "5.8 File structure" in the manual. This is how a large
set of the predefined commands such as \stemUp are defined in LilyPond.

    /Mats

Andrew Neil wrote:

> Is it possible to create a shortcut for a particular command that one intends to
> use frequently within a single .ly file?
> I would like to use cross noteheads often and intermixed with ordinary noteheads.
>  The appropriate \override and \revert commands are quite lengthy.  It is not so
> much from the point of view of text entry (which is easy enough with copy-paste),
> but to improve the end readability of the .ly file.
> Thanks in advance.
> Andrew Neil

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing