Consecutive text-spanners next to teach other?

Consecutive text-spanners next to teach other?

Alasdair McAndrew
My use of a text-spanner is to indicate that the note is held while other notes are played, and is indicated by a square bracket (like a mensural ligature, but below the staff).

I am using

\override TextSpanner.direction = #DOWN
\override TextSpanner.style = #'line
\override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = \markup { \draw-line #'(0 . 1) }
\override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text = \markup { \draw-line #'(0 . 1) }

which works, except that sometimes one spanner ends, and another starts, on the same note:

g \stopTextSpan \startTextSpan

What happens is that the second spanner is typeset below the first one.  But what I want is for the two spanners to be aligned horizontally, with a small space between the finish of the first spanner, and the start of the second.

What sort of tweaks can I use to make that happen?

Thanks,
Alasdair

Re: Consecutive text-spanners next to teach other?

Andrew Bernard
Hi Alasdair,

The convention on the list is to give a compilable minimum working
example (MWE). This protocol is outlined in the NR, and it makes it so
much easier for people to help. So, could you do that please? The issue
with not doinf so is that I can spend time constructing one that is not
like what you want.

Andrew