Conflicting layout blocks causes duplication of music

Conflicting layout blocks causes duplication of music

beauleetienne0
As reported at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T49616 in the context of
Wikipedia.

Using a simpler example:

\relative c { c }

\layout { indent = 2\cm }

\layout {}

}

Causes the duplication of the staves, as seen with the result of the code
above (attached). The expected result would be to throw an error, in my
view.

Cordially,
Étienne Beaulé (Ebe123)

TestDup.pdf (26K) Download Attachment
dak

Re: Conflicting layout blocks causes duplication of music

dak
Étienne Beaulé <[hidden email]> writes:

> As reported at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T49616 in the context of
> Wikipedia.
>
> Using a simpler example:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
> \score {
>
> \relative c { c }
>
> \layout { indent = 2\cm }
>
> \layout {}
>
> }

They aren't "conflicting".  Each block causes one output to be generated
under possibly different conditions (and possibly setting different file
names), just like each \midi block causes a Midi file to be generated.

Re: Conflicting layout blocks causes duplication of music

Thomas Morley-2

> Étienne Beaulé <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> As reported at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T49616 in the context of
>> Wikipedia.
>>
>> Using a simpler example:
>>
>> \version "2.18.2"
>> \score {
>>
>> \relative c { c }
>>
>> \layout { indent = 2\cm }
>>
>> \layout {}
>>
>> }
>
> They aren't "conflicting".  Each block causes one output to be generated
> under possibly different conditions (and possibly setting different file
> names), just like each \midi block causes a Midi file to be generated.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

David you were faster.

Étienne, you may be confused by the fact that subsequent
_toplevel_-layouts will sort-of merge.
Whereas in this case we're inside the \score-function, they don't "merge".

Nevertheless, one may call it a feature, not a bug. In any case
expected behaviour.

Cheers,
  Harm

Re: Conflicting layout blocks causes duplication of music

beauleetienne0
Thank you for your quick replies. Wasn't sure if it was expected or not.
Good to have it cleared up.