Compiling instructions for macOS 10.15 Catalina

Compiling instructions for macOS 10.15 Catalina

tansongchen
After updating the macOS to Catalina, I tried to use Lilypond by MacPorts:
Download Xcode and its command-line tools;
Build MacPorts for sources;
Run sudo port install lilypond-devel in the Terminal.
However, it failed when building Perl dependencies (instead of GCC 8
suggested  here
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/lilypond-does-not-work-with-Mac-OS-10-15-Catalina-td224189.html>
)
I would like to know if we will have further instructions on this topic. If
possible, I suggest we can summarize it as some documentation.

--
Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Dev-f88644.html

Re: Compiling instructions for macOS 10.15 Catalina

Carl Sorensen-3
Have you made sure to try the following, listed in that thread?

> I did have to make one change to the Portfile
> for lilypond-devel. I added macports-gcc-9 at the top of the
> compiler.fallback-append list, because MacPorts was mistakenly trying and
> failing to build gcc8 as a dependency.

The user who did this found success.  You may wish to try it.

We are currently trying to resolve the issues before we decide what the final documentation should be.

Thanks,

Carl

Re: Compiling instructions for macOS 10.15 Catalina

tansongchen
I tried to follow this, but I encountered another problem: dependency
"libgcc9" is not able to be built. Here is the log:  main.log
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5902/main.log>

--
Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Dev-f88644.html

Re: Compiling instructions for macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hans Åberg-2

> On 13 Oct 2019, at 06:02, tansongchen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I tried to follow this, but I encountered another problem: dependency
> "libgcc9" is not able to be built. Here is the log:  main.log
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5902/main.log>

Make ticket with the log attached at
  https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

When resolved, 'port selfupdate’ might be required before retrying. You can also try this first, to see if it has been resolved.