Compiling Japanese snippets.pdf fails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Compiling Japanese snippets.pdf fails

Michael Käppler-2
Hi all,
I'd like to resume my work regarding upgrading texinfo.tex [1] from June.
However, one problem leads to another (as usually :-)) and the
peacefully failing XeTeX
without comprehensible error messages is not exactly helpful für debugging.
Anyway, I got the latest texinfo.tex from the Texinfo Savannah repo, put it
into $SRCDIR/tex/ (together with texinfo-ja.tex and txi-*.tex), applied
the attached patch
to get PDF output also in Czech, Chinese and Japanese and fearlessly
tried a 'make doc'.

That failed on ja/snippets.pdf.

I went back to the old texinfo.tex versions, but it did fail even
earlier, on ja/notation.pdf.
What I noticed is that the Documentation/ja/snippets.tely added by
Han-Wen in
f195919ddc84154c3ddd31caf4685908a95185aa
had \input texinfo at the beginning, which should likely be
\input texinfo-ja

But that did not help in sorting out the compilation failure.
After manual bisecting I could track the problem down to the
"Flamenco notation" snippet in the section "Fretted strings".
If the Japanese texidoc file is included, XeTeX bombs out.
Find the file attached for reference.

Does anybody have a clue what could be special about this particular
file? Hosoda-san?

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-06/msg00033.html

0002-Build-all-PDFs.patch (1K) Download Attachment
lily-cbb89482.texidocja (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Compiling Japanese snippets.pdf fails

Michael Käppler-2
Am 28.09.2020 um 23:50 schrieb Michael Käppler:

> Hi all,
> I'd like to resume my work regarding upgrading texinfo.tex [1] from June.
> However, one problem leads to another (as usually :-)) and the
> peacefully failing XeTeX
> without comprehensible error messages is not exactly helpful für
> debugging.
> Anyway, I got the latest texinfo.tex from the Texinfo Savannah repo,
> put it
> into $SRCDIR/tex/ (together with texinfo-ja.tex and txi-*.tex), applied
> the attached patch
> to get PDF output also in Czech, Chinese and Japanese and fearlessly
> tried a 'make doc'.
>
>
Sorry for the noise, I got it, it was a simply a typo...

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/429

I could have catched that earlier, if I had motivated me to scroll
through 4800 lines
of XeTeX logfile... ;)

Cheers,
Michael