Collision: fermata/tuplet bracket/slur

Malte Meyn-4
Hi list,

the slur seems to cause a collision of fermata and tuplet bracket
although it’s not above the staff.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.82" % same for 2.12.3 to 2.18.2

\tuplet 3/2 {
   d'4(\fermata f' d')
}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Couldn’t find it on the tracker.

Cheers,
Malte

lilypond-invoke-editor runs twice (2.19.82)

Aaron Hill
While getting point-and-click working in my setup, I ran across this
minor issue.

After installation, there are two `lilypond-invoke-editor` files:

/usr/local/bin/lilypond-invoke-editor
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond-invoke-editor

The first is a simple script that sets some environment and invokes the
LilyPond version of Guile with the second file, which is the actual
Scheme program.  The script uses the `-e main` option which causes Guile
to invoke the named function; however, there is already an explicit
invocation of `main` at the end of the Scheme program.  This results in
the functionality running twice.

I suppose that, depending on how you have your EDITOR or LYEDITOR
variables configured, you might not notice a double launch; but I was
certainly confused at first why I was getting repeated behavior.

-- Aaron Hill

Re: lilypond-invoke-editor runs twice (2.19.82)

Federico Bruni-2
Hey Aaron

I've just tried using nano as editor and I see that indeed I have to
close it twice:

$ lilypond-invoke-editor textedit:///home/myfile.ily:1:3:4
lilypond-invoke-editor (GNU LilyPond) 2.19.82
lilypond-invoke-editor (GNU LilyPond) 2.19.82

When I use gedit, it's the same: I close one window and then another
one pops up.

The first of below files is actually a symlink to another file:
lilypond-invoke-editor -> /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.guile

I made a backup copy of that file, then removed "-e main" from the
original and now lilypond-invoke-editor is run only once. Good catch!

I'll wait for comments from developers and then add an issue to the
tracker.
I guess it's a GUB issue.

PS
I've just realized that the bash script is what I needed to make
lilypond-invoke-editor work on Mac and Windows. Tested successfully on
Mac only so far.
I'll try to write a blog post about this before I go in vacation (next
Monday).

Thanks
Federico

Il giorno mer 11 lug 2018 alle 0:35, Aaron Hill
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> While getting point-and-click working in my setup, I ran across this
> minor issue.
>
> After installation, there are two `lilypond-invoke-editor` files:
>
> /usr/local/bin/lilypond-invoke-editor
> /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond-invoke-editor
>
> The first is a simple script that sets some environment and invokes
> the LilyPond version of Guile with the second file, which is the
> actual Scheme program.  The script uses the `-e main` option which
> causes Guile to invoke the named function; however, there is already
> an explicit invocation of `main` at the end of the Scheme program.
> This results in the functionality running twice.
>
> I suppose that, depending on how you have your EDITOR or LYEDITOR
> variables configured, you might not notice a double launch; but I was
> certainly confused at first why I was getting repeated behavior.
>
> -- Aaron Hill

Re: lilypond-invoke-editor runs twice (2.19.82)

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno mer 1 ago 2018 alle 17:21, Federico Bruni
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> The first of below files is actually a symlink to another file:
> lilypond-invoke-editor -> /usr/local/bin/lilypond-wrapper.guile
>
> I made a backup copy of that file, then removed "-e main" from the
> original and now lilypond-invoke-editor is run only once. Good catch!
>
> I'll wait for comments from developers and then add an issue to the
> tracker.
> I guess it's a GUB issue.

I've added it to the tracker: