Chord Symbols

S L Raymond
Quick question:

I just upgraded to 2.6.3, and what used to be "E7#5" in a lead sheet now
shows up as "E7/5."  Also, what used to be Fmaj7#11 is now Fmaj/add11.

Is there a guide out there somewhere that lists the various chord
alterations, extensions, etc. so that I can fix the discrepancies?

Also, how does one simply notate "E7alt?"

Thanks,

Lyle

Different names of notes

Tomasz Bojczuk
Hi
Sorry for question not directly connected with Lilypond, but here is the the
best place to ask it, and i (as devoted Lilypond user) can do this :-)(I
hope)
What are different standards of note names in the world ??
For egzample in Poland (and some close countries) notes can be:
1. C C# Db D D# .... A A#  (is Hb) H (i know that in USA and others it is B)
2. C Cis Des D Dis Es E ..... As A Ais B (Hb) H His
   and Cisis Deses Eses etc... Asas Aisis Heses
or 3. Do Do# (we can call "Do with sharp") Re (and "Re with flat") Mi Fa Sol
La Si

Are there any other posibilities in other countries ??

For keys signature names we can tell (or write):
1. C-maj (dur) , e-minor (moll) Fis-maj(dur) or F#-maj(dur)
but never Do-dur (it looks very funny !!)
In east countries (Russia, Ukraine) it is OK (f.e. Do#-major)

Please tell me more

Regards
        Tomasz

Re: Different names of notes

Mats Bengtsson-4
Have you looked into the music glossary included in the
LilyPond documentation at www.lilypond.org?

  /Mats

Tomasz Bojczuk wrote:

>Hi
>Sorry for question not directly connected with Lilypond, but here is the the
>best place to ask it, and i (as devoted Lilypond user) can do this :-)(I
>hope)
>What are different standards of note names in the world ??
>For egzample in Poland (and some close countries) notes can be:
>1. C C# Db D D# .... A A#  (is Hb) H (i know that in USA and others it is B)
>2. C Cis Des D Dis Es E ..... As A Ais B (Hb) H His
>   and Cisis Deses Eses etc... Asas Aisis Heses
>or 3. Do Do# (we can call "Do with sharp") Re (and "Re with flat") Mi Fa Sol
>La Si
>
>Are there any other posibilities in other countries ??
>
>For keys signature names we can tell (or write):
>1. C-maj (dur) , e-minor (moll) Fis-maj(dur) or F#-maj(dur)
>but never Do-dur (it looks very funny !!)
>In east countries (Russia, Ukraine) it is OK (f.e. Do#-major)
>
>Please tell me more
>
>Regards
> Tomasz

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Different names of notes

Father Geoffrey Horton
The various language include files
(LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\ly) should answer some of that as
well.

Re: Different names of notes

Tomasz Bojczuk
Dnia sobota, 1 kwietnia 2006 21:01, Tomasz Bojczuk napisaƂ:

> Hi
> Sorry for question not directly connected with Lilypond, but here is the
> the best place to ask it, and i (as devoted Lilypond user) can do this
> :-)(I hope)
> What are different standards of note names in the world ??
> For egzample in Poland (and some close countries) notes can be:
> 1. C C# Db D D# .... A A#  (is Hb) H (i know that in USA and others it is
> B) 2. C Cis Des D Dis Es E ..... As A Ais B (Hb) H His
>    and Cisis Deses Eses etc... Asas Aisis Heses
> or 3. Do Do# (we can call "Do with sharp") Re (and "Re with flat") Mi Fa
> Sol La Si
>
> Are there any other posibilities in other countries ??
>
> For keys signature names we can tell (or write):
> 1. C-maj (dur) , e-minor (moll) Fis-maj(dur) or F#-maj(dur)
> but never Do-dur (it looks very funny !!)
> In east countries (Russia, Ukraine) it is OK (f.e. Do#-major)
>
> Please tell me more
>
> Regards
> Tomasz

OK.
Thanks Mats Bengtsson and Geoff Horton for help..
I sow
/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.6.5/ly/*
and it is enought. I found what i was looking for.

C'a