Changing vertical spacing on lyrics

spadey88
Hi

I'm trying to work out how to changing the vertical spacing for lyrics. Basically what I want to be able to do is adjust the leading of the font to increase the spacing between the lines.

I've looked through the documentation and haven't found anything that works. If someone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Re: Changing vertical spacing on lyrics

Knute Snortum

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:01 AM, spadey88 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to work out how to changing the vertical spacing for lyrics. Basically what I want to be able to do is adjust the leading of the font to increase the spacing between the lines.

I've looked through the documentation and haven't found anything that works. If someone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Re: Changing vertical spacing on lyrics

spadey88
Hi
Thanks for that. It does help in part, but I realized my initial description of what I'm trying to do is not entirely clear.

That helps in moving the single line of lyrics (which will be helpful elsewhere - thanks!), however what I want is to increase the spacing between stanzas, i.e.

1. Some lyrics
2. More lyrics
3. Will this song ever end

1. Some lyrics

2. More lyrics

3. Will this song ever end

(Or similar, eg adding an extra 4pts between the stanzas)
Thanks

Adrian

On 13 Jun 2017, at 4:17 AM, Knute Snortum <[hidden email]> wrote:

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:01 AM, spadey88 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to work out how to changing the vertical spacing for lyrics. Basically what I want to be able to do is adjust the leading of the font to increase the spacing between the lines.

I've looked through the documentation and haven't found anything that works. If someone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Re: Changing vertical spacing on lyrics

Kieren MacMillan-2
Hi Adrian,

> That helps in moving the single line of lyrics (which will be helpful elsewhere - thanks!), however what I want is to increase the spacing between stanzas, i.e.

The same page/concepts applies, e.g.

  \override Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing.padding = #20

Hope that helps,
Kieren.

Re: Changing vertical spacing on lyrics

spadey88
Thanks Kieran - yes that was what I was after

Many thanks!