Bar checks

Colin Tennyson
Following up on my previous post:

Is it good practice to put bar checks inside \lyricsmode { ... } ?

Dormend__a_minor.ly

In the source I inserted the pipe-symbol for bar check both in the note entries and in the lyrics entries.

Of course I noticed the compiler warnings about failed bar checks in the lyrics.
But the lyrics were lining up just fine, and I couldn't see any pattern in the "errors"; they seemed random, so I ignored them.
(I opened the 'fonts and colors' in the preferences, and I changed the color of 'error lines' to a light shade of grey).

Is it better to not use the pipe symbol in the lyrics?

Or is there a way to get the lyrics to line up correctly _and_ have the compiler not issue bar check errors?

Re: Bar checks

SoundsFromSound
Colin Tennyson wrote
Following up on my previous post:

Is it good practice to put bar checks inside \lyricsmode { ... } ?

Dormend__a_minor.ly

In the source I inserted the pipe-symbol for bar check both in the note entries and in the lyrics entries.

Of course I noticed the compiler warnings about failed bar checks in the lyrics.
But the lyrics were lining up just fine, and I couldn't see any pattern in the "errors"; they seemed random, so I ignored them.
(I opened the 'fonts and colors' in the preferences, and I changed the color of 'error lines' to a light shade of grey).

Is it better to not use the pipe symbol in the lyrics?

Or is there a way to get the lyrics to line up correctly _and_ have the compiler not issue bar check errors?
Hi Colin,

Yes you *can* do that. No problem.

See here:

___