Bad spacing with short notes before the bar line

Bad spacing with short notes before the bar line

John Mandereau
Hi,

Although LilyPond is generally very good at spacing, I've found
that 1/32 notes at the end of a measure are often displayed much too
close from the bar, especially if they are down-stemed.

I've had a look at some traditionally engraved scores : everywhere there
is a minimal distance between the last note of a measure and the bar,
whatever its duration is. I suggest that such a mechanism is added in
LilyPond.

Here's an example with version 2.6.1.
--
John Mandereau <[hidden email]>

Re: Bad spacing with short notes before the bar line

Erik Sandberg-2
On Wednesday 27 July 2005 11.07, John Mandereau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Although LilyPond is generally very good at spacing, I've found
> that 1/32 notes at the end of a measure are often displayed much too
> close from the bar, especially if they are down-stemed.
>
> I've had a look at some traditionally engraved scores : everywhere there
> is a minimal distance between the last note of a measure and the bar,
> whatever its duration is. I suggest that such a mechanism is added in
> LilyPond.
>
> Here's an example with version 2.6.1.

No file attached (bug-lilypond sometimes strips attachments). Can you paste
the code it into the message?

Erik

Erik Sandberg wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 July 2005 11.07, John Mandereau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Although LilyPond is generally very good at spacing, I've found
> > that 1/32 notes at the end of a measure are often displayed much too
> > close from the bar, especially if they are down-stemed.
> >
> > I've had a look at some traditionally engraved scores : everywhere there
> > is a minimal distance between the last note of a measure and the bar,
> > whatever its duration is. I suggest that such a mechanism is added in
> > LilyPond.
> >
> > Here's an example with version 2.6.1.
>
> No file attached (bug-lilypond sometimes strips attachments). Can you paste
> the code it into the message?
Yes... I haven't noticed that.
Maybe it's because my message has been moderated (it had a suspicious header :-)
> Erik

\version "2.6.0"

toto = {
  f8 e d16 e d32 e d c |