Avoid page break in the middle of score

Sven Axelsson-3
I want to auto generate a collection of short tunes by \include-ing the existing files. If there is room for it, I want to put several tunes on the same page, but I only want page breaks between tunes, never in the middle of a tune. We can assume that no tune takes up more than one page.

I can of course go through the file and put in \pageBreak where needed, but is there some way to do this automatically?

--
Sven Axelsson
++++++++++[>++++++++++>+++++++++++>++++++++++>++++++
>++++<<<<<-]>++++.+.++++.>+++++.>+.<<-.>>+.>++++.<<.
+++.>-.<<++.>>----.<++.>>>++++++.<<<<.>>++++.<----.

Re: Avoid page break in the middle of score

Thomas Morley-2
Am Sa., 3. Nov. 2018 um 13:16 Uhr schrieb Sven Axelsson
<[hidden email]>:

> I want to auto generate a collection of short tunes by \include-ing the existing files. If there is room for it, I want to put several tunes on the same page, but I only want page breaks between tunes, never in the middle of a tune. We can assume that no tune takes up more than one page.
>
> I can of course go through the file and put in \pageBreak where needed, but is there some way to do this automatically?
>
> --
> Sven Axelsson

Try to put at toplevel of your file.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = ##f

Does it help?

Cheers,
  Harm

<[hidden email]>:

> I want to auto generate a collection of short tunes by \include-ing the existing files. If there is room for it, I want to put several tunes on the same page, but I only want page breaks between tunes, never in the middle of a tune. We can assume that no tune takes up more than one page.
>
> I can of course go through the file and put in \pageBreak where needed, but is there some way to do this automatically?
>
> --
> Sven Axelsson

Try to put at toplevel of your file.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = ##f

Does it help?

It does indeed. Thank you for that, I knew this was simple to do but for a casual user, finding the correct tweak is sometimes not so easy.

--
Sven Axelsson
++++++++++[>++++++++++>+++++++++++>++++++++++>++++++
>++++<<<<<-]>++++.+.++++.>+++++.>+.<<-.>>+.>++++.<<.
+++.>-.<<++.>>----.<++.>>>++++++.<<<<.>>++++.<----.

Re: Avoid page break in the middle of score

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno sab 3 nov 2018 alle 14:38, Sven Axelsson
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 at 13:15, Thomas Morley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Am Sa., 3. Nov. 2018 um 13:16 Uhr schrieb Sven Axelsson
>> <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > I want to auto generate a collection of short tunes by
>> \include-ing the existing files. If there is room for it, I want to
>> put several tunes on the same page, but I only want page breaks
>> between tunes, never in the middle of a tune. We can assume that no
>> tune takes up more than one page.
>> >
>> > I can of course go through the file and put in \pageBreak where
>> needed, but is there some way to do this automatically?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Sven Axelsson
>>
>> Try to put at toplevel of your file.
>>
>> \layout {
>>   \context {
>>     \Score
>>     \override NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = ##f
>>   }
>> }
>>
>> Does it help?
>
> It does indeed. Thank you for that, I knew this was simple to do but
> for a casual user, finding the correct tweak is sometimes not so easy.

In version 2.19, above override can be accessed with a simple command:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \autoPageBreaksOff

Sven, let me suggest how to search in the manuals.
I normally check the Notation Reference alphabetical index and see if I
can find a link to the right section. In this case I would have checked
the P of page:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/lilypond-index.html#lilypond-index_cp_letter-P

and "page breaking, manual" would have brought me here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/page-breaking.html#manual-page-breaking

where autoPageBreaksOff/On are explained.

HTH
Federico