Automatic lyric extenders

Jon Arnold-2
Hi all-

I was trying to find if it was possible to do lyric extensions automatically, and found this thread: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Automatic-Lyric-Extenders-td198194.html

Did anything ever come of this project? The workaround in that thread throws an error for me.

I have a project where I'm trying to make it flexible to change whether I tie a note or not for later, and want to avoid having to go back in to do the lyric extenders if I choose to tie.

Thanks!

Jon

Re: Automatic lyric extenders

Fr. Samuel Springuel
> On 17 Aug, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Jon Arnold <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I was trying to find if it was possible to do lyric extensions automatically, and found this thread: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Automatic-Lyric-Extenders-td198194.html
>
> Did anything ever come of this project? The workaround in that thread throws an error for me.
>
> I have a project where I'm trying to make it flexible to change whether I tie a note or not for later, and want to avoid having to go back in to do the lyric extenders if I choose to tie.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon
So far as I can tell, this hasn’t made it into LilyPond core yet (as was suggested in the linked thread), so I’m still using the solution in that thread (having run it through convert-ly to update it).  I’ve attached what I’m using below.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017
202-269-2300
(c) 202-853-7036

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ

autoextenders.ily (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Automatic lyric extenders

Jon Arnold-2
Thanks! For some reason, even after running convert-ly on the one in the thread, it was still throwing an error. The one you attached works.

Peace-

Jon