Alternative Fingerings

"Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves"
Hi!

I am writing a violin score and I need to include alternative fingering
for a specific note, like this

e^0^4.

The problem is that I need to markup the 4 as (4). I've searched the
manual but I didn't find an answer.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,
Miguel

Re: Alternative Fingerings

Graham Percival

On 18-Jun-05, at 6:19 PM, Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves wrote:

> I am writing a violin score and I need to include alternative
> fingering for a specific note, like this
>
> e^0^4.
>
> The problem is that I need to markup the 4 as (4). I've searched the
> manual but I didn't find an answer.

Use text markup to do it.  It'll be something like

e^\markup{ \rows { { \fingering 0 } { \fingering \bracket 4 } } }

I'm sure that won't work, but it should give you enough hints to find
the right
commands in "Overview of text markup commands".