Altered unisons

Павел Буданов
We can write, for example, this: <b! bis>, and this will give a satisfactory result. But it isn't perfect. I want to use splitting stem, like this:
And for two voices I would like to engrave a bracket or a check, like these:

Re: Altered unisons

SoundsFromSound
On 2/26/2019 1:45 PM, Павел Буданов wrote:
We can write, for example, this: <b! bis>, and this will give a satisfactory result. But it isn't perfect. I want to use splitting stem, like this:
And for two voices I would like to engrave a bracket or a check, like these:

You can input altered unisons by using several overrides, for example:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/snippets/simultaneous-notes#simultaneous-notes-displaying-complex-chords

\version "2.19.82"

fixA = {
  \once \override Stem.length = #11
}

fixB = {
  \once \override NoteHead.X-offset = #1.7
  \once \override Stem.length = #7
  \once \override Stem.rotation = #'(45 0 0)
  \once \override Stem.extra-offset = #'(-0.1 . -0.2)
  \once \override Flag.style = #'no-flag
  \once \override Accidental.extra-offset = #'(4 . -.1)
}

\relative c' {
  << { \fixA <b d!>8 } \\ { \voiceThree \fixB dis } >> s

altered.png (24K) Download Attachment
composer | sound designer | asmr artist
LilyPond video tutorials: http://bit.ly/LearnLilyPond

Re: Altered unisons

Thomas Morley-2

Am Di., 26. Feb. 2019 um 19:46 Uhr schrieb Павел Буданов <[hidden email]>:
We can write, for example, this: <b! bis>, and this will give a satisfactory result. But it isn't perfect. I want to use splitting stem, like this: [...]
And for two voices I would like to engrave a bracket or a check, like these: [...]

Hi,

attached you'll find my latest approach to the topic.
It is based on a idea by Mike Solomon, several years ago. Over the years I worked on it again and again. Maybe now it's close to be integrated into lilypond core, thus any feedback is highly appreciated.

In any case typesetting splitted stems will need more manually work than usual.  Too much cases are possible to cover them all.
That holds even more, if the music is distributed over multiple Voices.

Thanks,
  Harm

P.S.
Please attach images (or upload them somewhere), don't do it inline.
Due to my settings I can't watch inline images. And I may not be the only one.
Further more, replying to your post, may redistribute inline images to all, again and again ...

I hopefully deleted them, not sure, though.

If one want's to see them:

ThirdExample.jpg (65K) Download Attachment
SecondExample.jpg (44K) Download Attachment
FirstExample.PNG (70K) Download Attachment
distributed-note-heads-01.png (37K) Download Attachment
distributed-note-heads-01.ly (25K) Download Attachment

Re: Altered unisons

Davide Liessi-2
Dear Harm,

I tried to use your file distributed-note-heads-01.ly, attached to
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-03/msg00062.html
and I found out that it does not behave well with
layout-set-staff-size (see attached example, which I tested with
2.20.0).

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a bug in
layout-set-staff-size, instead of your code (see, e.g.,
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2020-03/msg00021.html
which, by the way, hasn't been added to the tracker yet).

Best wishes.

Davide

distributed-note-heads-01-bug.ly (17K) Download Attachment