Alligned articulations

Peter Mogensen
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to allign a group of accents, so they
appear at the same vertical position. This code shows the problem not
solved:
===================================

\version "2.6.3"

\paper {
  raggedright = ##t
}

\new DrumStaff <<
  \new DrumVoice {
    \drummode { hh-> hho-> hh-> hho-> }
  }

====================================

I guess I could do it by putting invisible \open on the hh notes.
But how? ... or is there another way?

Peter

Re: Alligned articulations

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Peter Mogensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to allign a group of accents, so they
> appear at the same vertical position. This code shows the problem not
> solved:

is this customary in drum notation?

> ===================================
>
> \version "2.6.3"
>
> \paper {
>   raggedright = ##t
> }
>
> \new DrumStaff <<
>   \new DrumVoice {
>     \drummode { hh-> hho-> hh-> hho-> }
>   }
>
> ====================================
>
> I guess I could do it by putting invisible \open on the hh notes.
> But how? ... or is there another way?

The easy  way out is to reverse the stacking order of the scripts, or to
make one of them appear underneath the notes.

Re: Alligned articulations

Peter Mogensen
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out how to allign a group of accents, so they
>> appear at the same vertical position. This code shows the problem not
>> solved:
>
> is this customary in drum notation?

Don't know... but I have a drummer asking me how to do it, and I agree
that it would look better and be more readable.

> The easy  way out is to reverse the stacking order of the scripts, or to
> make one of them appear underneath the notes.

Won't work, since in the real score there's also snare, bassdrum and
other instruments which already uses the space under the staff.

Peter

Re: Alligned articulations

A related question: Why does not staff-padding have any effect on
articulations? Is it since the ScriptColumns override the layout?

   /Mats

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Peter Mogensen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to allign a group of accents, so they
>> appear at the same vertical position. This code shows the problem not
>> solved:
>

> is this customary in drum notation?
>
>> ===================================
>>
>> \version "2.6.3"
>>
>> \paper {
>>   raggedright = ##t
>> }
>>
>> \new DrumStaff <<
>>   \new DrumVoice {
>>     \drummode { hh-> hho-> hh-> hho-> }
>>   }
>>
>> ====================================
>>
>> I guess I could do it by putting invisible \open on the hh notes.
>> But how? ... or is there another way?
>

> The easy  way out is to reverse the stacking order of the scripts, or
> to make one of them appear underneath the notes.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology