Adjusting bar length

Edwin Vane
Hi,

I have a bar over which I have a couple of text markups (some attached
with \mark when I want them attached to barlines). However, I find that
longer text items run into each other. I've tried the 'padding'
attribute of TextScripts but it only seems to increase padding between
the staff and the text. Setting no-spacing-rods to ##f helps but
disrupts the layout of objects on the staff. Is there any way to
increase horizontal padding between text items and simply cause the bar
underneat to expand nicely?

--

Edwin Vane
   MMath Candidate

Re: Adjusting bar length

Mats Bengtsson-6
As long as you only have text markups attached to notes, read in
Section "8.1.1 Text scripts" on how to use \fatText. If you want
more spacing, you can use something like
\override TextScript #'extra-X-extent = #'(-0.5  .  0.5)

For \mark, I don't know the answer from the top of my head.

   /Mats

Edwin Vane wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a bar over which I have a couple of text markups (some attached
>with \mark when I want them attached to barlines). However, I find that
>longer text items run into each other. I've tried the 'padding'
>attribute of TextScripts but it only seems to increase padding between
>the staff and the text. Setting no-spacing-rods to ##f helps but
>disrupts the layout of objects on the staff. Is there any way to
>increase horizontal padding between text items and simply cause the bar
>underneat to expand nicely?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems