Adjusting angle of glissando

Andrew Bernard
My colleague wants a glissando on an angle down from the first note to the last in the typical example of his work attached.

How can one adjust the endpoints of a glissando? I looked everywhere to no avail.

While we are here, I am told that this is stock standard and common notation. Is it actually (esp, having to make the hack with a grace note at the end)?

Sorry the MWE cant be shorter, but it needs to be this ling to show to the full context. The musical problem the engraver faces of course, as opposed to a man with a pencil, is that C# and C are at the same level, and he wants the angle to show the slope down in pitch (I remain unconvinced.)

Andrew

%%====

\version "2.19.82"

glissandoSkipOn = {
  \override NoteColumn.glissando-skip = ##t
  \hide NoteHead
  \override NoteHead.no-ledgers = ##t
}

glissandoSkipOff = {
  \revert NoteColumn.glissando-skip
  \undo \hide NoteHead
  \revert NoteHead.no-ledgers

  \time 1/4
  \clef bass
  \stemUp
  \tuplet 3/2 {
    deh,4\glissando
    \glissandoSkipOn cis,16
    \glissandoSkipOff
    cis,16\glissando
    \glissandoSkipOn
  }
  \tuplet 3/2 {
    c,4
    \glissandoSkipOff
    \grace { \once \override Stem.transparent = ##t c,!8 }
    \breathe
    d8\rest

%%====

Re: Adjusting angle of glissando

Mark Knoop-4
At 20:31 on 08 Nov 2018, Andrew Bernard wrote:
>My colleague wants a glissando on an angle down from the first note to
>the last in the typical example of his work attached.
>
>How can one adjust the endpoints of a glissando? I looked everywhere
>to no avail.

You want something like

-\tweak extra-dy #-1 \glissando

--
Mark Knoop

Re: Adjusting angle of glissando

Andrew Bernard
Hi Mark,

Thanks!

I also just discovered this approach:

    \once \override Glissando.bound-details.left.Y = #-3.8
    \once \override Glissando.bound-details.right.Y = #-4.2

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 at 20:40, Mark Knoop <[hidden email]> wrote:
You want something like

-\tweak extra-dy #-1 \glissando