Accidentals misalignment depending upon ledger line numbers

Accidentals misalignment depending upon ledger line numbers

Schneidy
Hi Bug Squad,
Please consider those inconsistent alignment:
\version "2.19.83"
{ %% just a vertical line:
  s1\mark\markup\with-dimensions-from\null\with-color #red
\draw-dashed-line #'(0 . -200)
  a!4 }
{ s1 f!4 }
{ s1 c'''!4 }
{ s1 e'''!4 }
{ s1 ais4 }
{ s1 fis4 }
{ s1 cis'''4 }
{ s1 eis'''4 }
{ s1 aes4 }
{ s1 fes4 }
{ s1 aes''4 }
{ s1 ces'''4 }
%%

Possible workaround:
{ %% just a vertical line:
  s1\tweak extra-offset #'(.8 .
0)\mark\markup\with-dimensions-from\null\with-color #red \draw-dashed-line
#'(0 . -30)
  a!4 }
{ s1
  %% workaround:
  \once\override Staff.BarLine.extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 1.3)
  f!4 }

Cheers,
Pierre

Re: Accidentals misalignment depending upon ledger line numbers

Noeck
Dear Pierre,

I see a pattern there: Lily wants some padding between the bar line and
the accidental. If the accidental is outside the staff, this is not
required. In some cases, the accidental is outside but very close to the
staff and Lily adds some padding. Perhaps the bounding box of the
accidental is a bit larger than necessary or there is also a bit of
"vertical padding", i.e. the accidental should not be too close to the
bar line vertically.

I didn’t look at the internals and I am not saying that this doesn’t
qualify as a bug/ugly . But it could be intentional.

Cheers,
Joram

Re: Accidentals misalignment depending upon ledger line numbers

Schneidy
Dear Joram,
My first thought was also that LP does it intentionally.
(see:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Horizontal-spacing-bug-td224101.html
and https://notat.io/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=529)
Up to now, I haven't found any traditionally engraved score that shows such
case (I mean, just after a bar line).
On the other hand, I do find logica. -- traditionally ok -- l such
alignment:
\version "2.19.83"
{ \tweak extra-offset #'(7 . 0)
  \mark\markup { \with-dimensions-from\null\with-color #red
\draw-dashed-line #'(0 . -20) }
  c' fis'' }
{ \mark\markup "v.s." c' fis''' }

Cheers,