AU-1.2 Relocation

Jean-Charles Malahieude-2
Hi Werner,

On my way to updating the French documentation, I read in running.itely
(1st item of  Relocation algorithm)

"Compute the directory where the currently executed
@command{lilypond} binary is located.  Let's call this
@code{bindir}.  Set (internal) environment variable
@code{INSTALLER_PREFIX} to @file{@var{bindir}/..} (i.e., the
parent directory of @code{bindir})."

I wonder if "bindir/.." shouldn't be "../bindir" (my parents being up in
the genealogy).

Would you mind confirming my assumption?
If "../bindir" is the right spelling, I'll change it on Translation's
branch and it will be merged into staging afterwards.

Jean-Charles

Re: AU-1.2 Relocation

Carl Sorensen-3
bindir/.. is the parent directory of bindir

../bindir is the directory bindir that is a child of the parent of the current directory.

Carl

On 3/25/20, 10:27 AM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Jean-Charles Malahieude" <lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi Werner,

    On my way to updating the French documentation, I read in running.itely
    (1st item of  Relocation algorithm)

    "Compute the directory where the currently executed
    @command{lilypond} binary is located.  Let's call this
    @code{bindir}.  Set (internal) environment variable
    @code{INSTALLER_PREFIX} to @file{@var{bindir}/..} (i.e., the
    parent directory of @code{bindir})."

    I wonder if "bindir/.." shouldn't be "../bindir" (my parents being up in
    the genealogy).

    Would you mind confirming my assumption?
    If "../bindir" is the right spelling, I'll change it on Translation's
    branch and it will be merged into staging afterwards.

    Jean-Charles

Re: AU-1.2 Relocation

Malte Meyn-3

Am 25.03.20 um 17:19 schrieb Jean-Charles Malahieude:

> Hi Werner,
>
> On my way to updating the French documentation, I read in running.itely
> (1st item of  Relocation algorithm)
>
> "Compute the directory where the currently executed
> @command{lilypond} binary is located.  Let's call this
> @code{bindir}.  Set (internal) environment variable
> @code{INSTALLER_PREFIX} to @file{@var{bindir}/..} (i.e., the
> parent directory of @code{bindir})."
>
> I wonder if "bindir/.." shouldn't be "../bindir" (my parents being up in
> the genealogy).

The parent directory of bindir is bindir/..
../bindir would be a sibling (called bindir) of the working directory.

Re: AU-1.2 Relocation

Werner LEMBERG

> I wonder if "bindir/.." shouldn't be "../bindir" (my parents being up
> in the genealogy).

Nope, as others have already confirmed :-)

    Werner