A new lily icon, isn't it?!

Heikki Junes
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:38:29 +0200 Han-Wen Nienhuys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen wrote:
> > I went out on the web to hunt down some water lily photos, and using
> the
> > Gimp I added transparency and shrunk the photos to icon size.
> >
> > I have not yet contacted the author about permission to use these
> > images.
> >
> > Are these interesting enough to try to get permission?
>
> They look a little cracked to me. Am I right that I should get a blue
> background?
>
> My last attempts are at lilypond.org/~hanwen/
> I think they look fairly nice, except that they have a "photo" feel to
> them, which doesn't blend well with most icon themes.
>
> --
>   Han-Wen Nienhuys - [hidden email] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

I did also an attempt. Starting from

#(set-global-staff-size 23)
{
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = 3
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'color = #blue
  \override Staff.Clef  #'transparent = ##t
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'color = #(x11-color "lime green")
  \time 4/4
  c''1
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'color = #(x11-color "orchid")
  \time 4/4
  c''1

I did 'lilypond --png lilja.ly' and used gimp for the rest. Finally, I ended
up with a beautiful lily pond (see attachment): three blue lines make the
water, there is a green leaf with a pink flower.

Somehow, this icon resembles the icon what I designed earlier :)
http://lilypond.org/web/images/shortcut.png

--
Terveisin
Heikki Junes

lilja.png (458 bytes) Download Attachment