A bit too much avoid-slur

Joe Neeman
Much as I like the avoid-slur properties, I think this example is a bit
excessive (today's CVS, but the same problem was there a few days ago too).

test.ly (386 bytes) Download Attachment
test.preview.png (20K) Download Attachment

Re: A bit too much avoid-slur

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Joe Neeman wrote:
> Much as I like the avoid-slur properties, I think this example is a bit
> excessive (today's CVS, but the same problem was there a few days ago too).

just to be sure: you're complaning of the left edge of the last slur,
which should be closer to the note?

Re: A bit too much avoid-slur

Joe Neeman
Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Joe Neeman wrote:
>
>> Much as I like the avoid-slur properties, I think this example is a
>> bit excessive (today's CVS, but the same problem was there a few days
>> ago too).
>

> just to be sure: you're complaning of the left edge of the last slur,
> which should be closer to the note?

No, about the fortissimo sign, which is about a centimeter too low.

Re: A bit too much avoid-slur

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Joe Neeman wrote:
> Much as I like the avoid-slur properties, I think this example is a bit
> excessive (today's CVS, but the same problem was there a few days ago too).

that would be a bug.

Re: A bit too much avoid-slur

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Joe Neeman wrote:
>> just to be sure: you're complaning of the left edge of the last slur,
>> which should be closer to the note?
>>
> No, about the fortissimo sign, which is about a centimeter too low.

can you send a short .ly which isolates the problem  ?

thanks.

Re: A bit too much avoid-slur

Joe Neeman
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:22 pm, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Joe Neeman wrote:
> > No, about the fortissimo sign, which is about a centimeter too low.
>
> can you send a short .ly which isolates the problem  ?

Here. The problem goes away if I remove the slur or the crescendo.

bug.ly (150 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: A bit too much avoid-slur

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2
Joe Neeman wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:22 pm, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>
>>Joe Neeman wrote:
>>
>>>No, about the fortissimo sign, which is about a centimeter too low.
>>
>>can you send a short .ly which isolates the problem  ?
>

> Here. The problem goes away if I remove the slur or the crescendo.

thanks. Fixed in CVS.

LilyPond Software Design
  -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com