8.2.6 Instrument transpositions (in lily 2.6.4)

8.2.6 Instrument transpositions (in lily 2.6.4)

Frédéric Bron
I have spent some time to understand what should be the pitch in
"\transposition pitch". In particular, I found difficult to understand
what octave to use.

I would like to propose to add a comment that could be something like:
"The pitch that should be given to \transposition corresponds to the
real sound heard when a c' written on the staff is played by the
transposing instrument."

Frédéric

Re: 8.2.6 Instrument transpositions (in lily 2.6.4)

Graham Percival-2

On 12-Dec-05, at 2:23 PM, Frédéric Bron wrote:

> I would like to propose to add a comment that could be something like:
> "The pitch that should be given to \transposition corresponds to the
> real sound heard when a c' written on the staff is played by the
> transposing instrument."

Thanks!  Both fixes have been incorporated into 2.7.