2.8.0: fermatas forced above text markup

2.8.0: fermatas forced above text markup

Paul Scott
2.8.1 and 2.8.0 at least on Debian sid:  The following results in the
fermata above the text even if I pad the text.

\version "2.8.0"

{ c''2 d''4\fermata^\markup{ Text } e''4\fermata }

Paul Scott

Re: 2.8.0: fermatas forced above text markup

Mats Bengtsson-4
I think this is the intended behaviour. If you want a fermata above the
text, you could use
d''^\markup{\center-align { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" Text }}
Another possibility is to fiddle with the script-priority property, see
Sect. "Articulation", which also explains why this is the default
behaviour.

   /Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I think this is the intended behaviour. If you want a fermata above
> the text, you could use
> d''^\markup{\center-align { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" Text }}
> Another possibility is to fiddle with the script-priority property,
> see Sect. "Articulation", which also explains why this is the default
> behaviour.
Thanks,

Paul