2.21.0 released

Phil Holmes-3
As it says.

Many, many thanks to Jonas for helping to make this possible.  It took 4
days for us to collaborate to get a successful release.

--
Phil Holmes

Re: 2.21.0 released

Carl Sorensen-3
Phil,

Thank you so much for your dedication!

Carl

"Phil Holmes" <[hidden email]> writes:

> As it says.
>
> Many, many thanks to Jonas for helping to make this possible.  It took
> 4 days for us to collaborate to get a successful release.

Considering that the "unstable" release routine was a fortnightly
pattern outside of the stable prerelease phase, this will hopefully
settle comparatively fast into something more amenable.

Re: 2.21.0 released

Werner LEMBERG

> Thank you so much for your dedication!

Hear, hear!  Congrats to everyone involved with the new release!

    Werner

Re: 2.21.0 released

Valentin Villenave-3
On 4/9/20, Carl Sorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you so much for your dedication!

Ditto; Phil, you and James may both have the most thankless and yet
crucial jobs in the LilyPond community, so praises to you both! (And
obviously to Jonas, David, Han-Wen & al.).

Here’s to hoping we can get back on track with our once bi-monthly
development release cycle!

Cheers,
V.

Re: 2.21.0 released

David Nalesnik
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:42 PM Valentin Villenave
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4/9/20, Carl Sorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thank you so much for your dedication!
>
> Ditto; Phil, you and James may both have the most thankless and yet
> crucial jobs in the LilyPond community, so praises to you both! (And
> obviously to Jonas, David, Han-Wen & al.).

Yay!!

Re: 2.21.0 released

Francisco Vila
El 9/4/20 a las 20:32, Phil Holmes escribió:
> Many, many thanks to Jonas for helping to make this possible.  It took 4
> days for us to collaborate to get a successful release.

*ThumbsUp* x2

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Re[2]: 2.21.0 released

Trevor Daniels

Valentin Villenave wrote 09/04/2020 19:42:39

>On 4/9/20, Carl Sorensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  Thank you so much for your dedication!
>Ditto; Phil, you and James may both have the most thankless and yet
>crucial jobs in the LilyPond community, so praises to you both! (And
>obviously to Jonas, David, Han-Wen & al.).
Hear, hear to that! Well done to you all!

>Here’s to hoping we can get back on track with our once bi-monthly
>development release cycle!
+1

Trevor

Changes document, again (Re: 2.21.0 released)

Francisco Vila
El 9/4/20 a las 21:43, Francisco Vila escribió:
> El 9/4/20 a las 20:32, Phil Holmes escribió:
>> Many, many thanks to Jonas for helping to make this possible.  It took
>> 4 days for us to collaborate to get a successful release.
>
> *ThumbsUp* x2

Speaking of. I was almost determined to give up, but there is no harm in
asking,

Code for a translated changes document 2.18 -> 2.20 is in git. Any clue
about why we still have either a 404 or an empty document from

   http://lilypond.org/changes.es.html

?

Also, there is that ugly b' thing before _some_ links and escaped UTF8
characters showing up in every accented letter in links.

Does an issue # exist for this?

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es

Re: 2.21.0 released

Dan Eble
On Apr 9, 2020, at 14:42, Valentin Villenave <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here’s to hoping we can get back on track with our once bi-monthly
> development release cycle!

Oh, you don't like software development on Biblical timescales?

    At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release
    (Deuteronomy 15:1, KJV).

Dan

Re: 2.21.0 released

David Kastrup
Dan Eble <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Apr 9, 2020, at 14:42, Valentin Villenave <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Here’s to hoping we can get back on track with our once bi-monthly
>> development release cycle!
>
> Oh, you don't like software development on Biblical timescales?
>
>     At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release
>     (Deuteronomy 15:1, KJV).

I am not sure whether keeping the commandments against one's intentions
is counted to one's credits.

It's like burglaring a home that you only later find out was yours to
start with.  No civil liability, but I am not sure about the criminal
one.

Re: 2.21.0 released

Thomas Morley-2
Am Do., 9. Apr. 2020 um 20:33 Uhr schrieb Phil Holmes <[hidden email]>:

> As it says.
>
> Many, many thanks to Jonas for helping to make this possible.  It took 4
> days for us to collaborate to get a successful release.
>
> --
> Phil Holmes

Great !!

Re: 2.21.0 released

Torsten Hämmerle
Great, thanks!
That's very good news, and I'm even more excited about it than stable 2.20
release, as there are many new experimental features, and, even if possibly
being especially instable at the beginning, I believe many things will
happen in the near future.

Looking forward to it
Torsten

--