2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)

2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)

James Wilkinson
Gets to the point of saying "Applying conversion:" and just stops
Jimmy Wilkinson            | Professor Emeritus of Computer Science
[hidden email]        | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424
http://www.cs.cofc.edu/~jimmy

If there is one word to describe me, that word would have to be
"profectionist".
Any form of incompitence is an athema to me.
Metathesis??? Don't ax me.
Just between you and I, the grammar used by Americans are getting worse.
I can only help but wonder what the cause of this might be.
It just ceases to amaze me how it could be the case, but mostly I
could care less.

Re: 2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)

Phil Holmes
> Gets to the point of saying "Applying conversion:" and just stops

Others might understand this, but I haven't a clue what you're saying.
Could you be a little more specific about what you're doing and what is
happening?

--
Phil Holmes

Re: 2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)

James Bailey-4

On Sep 24, 2010, at 1:27 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

> Gets to the point of saying "Applying conversion:" and just stops
> --

Does the file compile when you try it in 2.13.34? It may be that there are no changes which need to be made.

Re: 2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)

James Wilkinson
Re: 2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)
> Gets to the point of saying "Applying conversion:" and just stops
Others might understand this, but I haven't a clue what you're saying. Could you be a little more specific about what you're doing and what is happening?

(head hanging in shame; must have been getting late)

I was using Lilytool in jEdit. There's a button there to update versions. When you do that it reports progress in a console window. The last message that it printed was "Applying conversion". Nothing after that. It always worked before. The version number at the top of the .ly file wasn't changed. I don't think there was anything else in the file that needed changing, but don't really know that. I had used this button a number of times before and got different results, so this was a surprise.

I tried it later in Windows and got a similar result.

At 4:26 PM -0400 9/28/10, James Wilkinson wrote:
I was using Lilytool in jEdit. There's a button there to update
versions. When you do that it reports progress in a console window.
The last message that it printed was "Applying conversion". Nothing
after that. It always worked before. The version number at the top of
the .ly file wasn't changed. I don't think there was anything else in
the file that needed changing, but don't really know that. I had used
this button a number of times before and got different results, so
this was a surprise.

I tried it later in Windows and got a similar result.

There was a post a few days ago noting that the 2.13.34 version changed the \version line at the top of the file to 2.13.31. That probably made me think that nothing had happened since 2.13.31 was the version I started with. However; something about what I saw looked incomplete. I had done updates before and was expecting some indication that it had finished but never got one this time.

I really should reinstall 2.13.31 to find out what I was expecting to see, strongly suspect that I won't. Since 2.14 is now available, it probably doesn't matter, anyway.